25 Useful tips for couples Trying To Conceive
Achieving conception can prove to be immensely hard at times. Couples have to endure a lot, listen to theories, tips and suggestions regarding how to increase fertility and their chances of conception. We at XOSam.com have collected a list of few tips that we have come across on internet and otherwise. The list also includes certain myths as well, which are better avoided.
We do not offer any scientific evidence for the list provided below as this is for educational purposes only. These tips do not substitute expert medical advice. Couples who are trying to conceive need to seek professional services for this purpose.
- Consider changing your diet
Trans fats should be cut out from your diet
- Prefer unsaturated fats like nuts, olive oil and avocado
- Cut down meat from your diet and get more protein from vegetables
- Consume less meat
- Whole grains should be preferred over refined carbohydrates
- Consume one or two full-fat dairy servings daily
- Prefer vegetables, fruits and beans for your iron requirements over meat
- For fulfilling your folic acid requirements go for a multivitamin
- Reduce intake of soft drinks from your diet
- Prefer water over sugary drinks for your liquid refreshment
- Cut down tea and coffee to moderate amounts
- Maintaining a healthy weight is advised
- If needed work on reducing excess weight
- Chalk out a fitness routine which includes a mix of exercises. Increase the intensity if needed
Food items that are supposed to boost fertility
- Include plenty of servings of leafy green and yellow vegetables in your diet along with that of apples, melon, kiwi and blueberries
- Ensure that whole grains form at least half of your consumption of grains
- Consume a lot of Fruits and vegetables
- Tofu, nuts and beans are great sources of proteins
- Prefer almonds or nuts for snacking over unhealthy options like fast food
- Vitamin C helps in preventing sperm defects and increases its mobility. The recommended daily consumption of the same is around 90 mg.
- Lack of zinc in the diet leads to infertility as that leads to clumping of the sperms
- Increase folic acid consumption
- Consider having a multivitamin tablet daily
- Raspberry is a rich source of Vitamin C and magnesium, which is known to be involved in production of testosterone, a key male fertility hormone
- Cut down on smoke. It leads to infertility.